Quebec Investor Program
To qualify for the program, applicants are assessed on the following criteria. Québec’s Regulation respecting the Selection of Foreign Nationals defines an investor as a foreign national at least 18 years old:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- Who comes to settle and to invest in Québec in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation.
To qualify as an investor, a candidate must also demonstrate:
– that he has signed an investment agreement with a broker or trust company authorized to work with the immigrant investor program and calling for a commitment to invest $800,000 for a term of five years.
– Quebec define management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma. and
– that he qualifies under the selection grid (required elements and passing score).
Main Features of the Quebec Program:
Minimum investment: C$800,000 (Financing options available)
Investment term: five years
Interest on the investment: 0%
Withdrawals: No withdrawals are permitted during the five-year period
Guarantee: The investment is guaranteed by a five-year Term. Note payable to the order of the Investor in the amount of C$800,000 issued by IQ Immigrants Investisseurs Inc. which is fully and unconditionally guaranteed by the Government of Quebec.
Financial Intermediary:An approved and authorized Institution by the Quebec Immigration to participate in the Immigration program
Financing option: Financing plan allows investors the possibility of borrowing and therefore, only investing a portion of the minimum investment required while still satisfying all the program requirements.
New applications under Quebec Investor category will not be accepted at this time.